The Business Development Director is responsible for hunting and bringing in new business for the company by generating leads, pitching solutions and following up on sales opportunities. The Business Development Executive will be responsible for negotiating, closing new high impact, high margin business contracts, and providing relationship oversight to drive profitable growth for Quest Diagnostics
The incumbent can live anywhere on the East Coast.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing and managing relationships with the new high value customers within their assigned territory.
• Develop strategies to grow customers for Quest products and solutions. Develops relationships with prospects and recommends solutions to improve their production through the use of the Quest Diagnostics products.
• Generates new leads through canvassing, cold calling, partner relationships, and customer referrals.
• Meet sales revenue targets.
• Develops, implements, and maintains sales activities and plans.
• Builds and maintains long-term relationships with new clients and their management teams by providing information, guidance, and support; recommending service and profit improvements; and recommending new opportunities.
• Ensure exposure to H&W Sr. Leadership with leaders of key/top tier clients.
• Lead and coordinate contract negotiations for a successful close.
• Prepare reports by analyzing and summarizing information.
• Mentors team members and teach improved processes in order to enhance staff accomplishments.
• Leverage all tools and resources (including data, sales portal, target lists; Marketing Department, Laboratory resources, and regional or national resources) as needed
• Collaborates with the account executive and account management teams to ensure a seamless customer delivery process
• Responsible for learning and maintaining proficiency in the population health solutions at a level to sell the capabilities of our technologies, products, and services.
• Ensure compliance with all company policy and government regulations.
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or related field
• MBA in Marketing or Masters in Healthcare Administration /Management
• At least ten to fifteen years of experience of business to business sales in the healthcare industry.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
• Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts
• Maintain composure under pressure
• A “hunter” mentality.
• 10 years of previous business-to-business sales experience in the Healthcare Industry.
• Understand that new business development is the most important goal.
• Must have Consultative Selling Training
• A proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
• A pro-active, can-do attitude.
• Ability to work well in a multi-level/matrix organization.
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems such as Salesforce
• A collaborative mindset to include all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrate business acumen, including confidence in presenting and discussion business issues with Benefit Managers and Directors.
• Experience making independent decisions and manage large projects that directly impact our business and the business of our clients.
• Proven ability to develop relationships with executive level personnel resulting in successful closure of the sale.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Proven selling and negotiation skills.
• Strong service acumen.
• You are expected to travel 40% in this role which includes traveling to new or existing customers, trainings, seminars