Attracted to a career that focuses on serving the unique needs of affluent individuals and families? Captivated by designing comprehensive risk management and personal insurance solutions? One more question…. Enticed by a role that will offer you the refreshing opportunity to expand your skillset and work directly with top colleagues?
Our Business Development Executive opportunity will open the doors to a career with one of the leading global insurance brokerage and risk management firms – THAT’S US!
You will be an essential part of our highly skilled team and will enjoy the following responsibilities:
- Delivering dynamic sales calls and presentations to cultivate relationships with high net worth clients and manage a robust portfolio of potential accounts.
- Putting your existing network to good use and growing your connections through a pre-defined list of account leads to assist you in developing business.
- Reveling in the opportunity to specialize in small, nuanced or manifold potential accounts in exclusive regions or industries.
- Collaborating with internal and external senior-level stakeholders and assisting senior colleagues who specialize in a preferred market and/or industry.
- Discovering advanced aspects of the sales process in order to grow your knowledge of the industry and sales techniques.
- Honing your writing skills by authoring due diligence reports containing complex financial analyses and detailed market/product insights in response to a Request for Proposal (RFP) or in assistance to a senior colleague for a complex proposal.
- Growing your network and knowledge through membership in professional and industry or regional organizations and attend conferences and events ß Yes… we encourage this!
- Conducting in-depth, targeted market research leveraging advanced market awareness, contacts and an in-depth understanding of the competitive environment.
To be successful in this role you should enjoy working independently on your tasks, but collaborating directly with a larger team that will help you expand your knowledge and enhance your skills as you collectively provide outstanding service and support to clients. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
You’ll have the support and direction to refine and perfect your client skills in the following areas:
- Transitioning a qualified prospect or new client to a Client Executive (CE) and supporting the CE in implementation of new business deals along with a transition to account management.
- Identifying and actively pursuing potential new business opportunities.
- Leading the coordination of organizational resources to drive a sale to completion.
- Developing sales strategies for increasing target market sales and managing the execution of these strategies.
- Identifying potential referrals sources (some of the best clients come from referrals) and cross-selling opportunities.
- Developing quality business relationships.
- Creating sales proposals and presentations and coordinating the delivery of presentations to prospects.
A few essential skills that will help you be successful in this role:
- Broker License.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with new business development required, ideally with large group insurance experience.
- Proven insurance industry experience with individual and group insurance products.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401(k), employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.