Business Development Manager - Machinery OEM
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working within the Motion - Drive Products, the Machinery OEM Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing the development of OEM and large end user accounts domestic and/or international, specifically targeting the machinery OEM market segment. The ideal candidate is a self-starting hunter with a proven track record of winning share at large complex OEMs. The individual is responsible for developing and growing ABB’s relationship and market share through attracting new customers and by increasing share with existing customers.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Engineer - Detroit (East), you will serve as business consultant to senior managers, project participants, and customers while working with a variety of complex multilevel interactions. This involves such aspects as commercial agreements, proposal development, pricing development, risk assessment and sales strategies.
- To lead and develop solution sales for Low Voltage Drives at key and complex OEM and End User Accounts by - Using both Global and country/customer specific review material.
- Implementing short and long-term business plan and actions and Influencing stakeholders to partner on new business opportunities.
- Interface with large End user / OEM accounts (as assigned) to ensure consistent national support at a local area and understand OEM roadmaps, architectures, and backlogs.
- Collaborate with ABB Divisions and Partners to drive strategic sales opportunities and lead strategic partnership with identified accounts.
- Business Development involves coordination, tailoring product solutions, risk assessment and multi-level collaboration, having researched the business and requirements.
- Maintaining and expanding customer relationships, ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business.
- Coordinate the implementation of Corporate Agreements with target OEMs, this includes commercial terms, pricing, product configurations and risk assessment.
- Providing regular account summary reports to sales manager and Global account manager.
- Bachelor degree and 8 years of technical sales or related experience.
- Travel up to 60% of the time.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Extensive sales background in the machinery OEM automation market, product and market knowledge in Drives and related systems preferred.
- Strong skills in MS Office, SAP and Salesforce preferred.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and softstarters. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.