Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
The role reports to the Regional Vice President, Motion Drive Product (MODP). As a Business Development Manager - Machinery OEM, you will be responsible for managing the development of OEM and large end user accounts domestic and/or international, specifically targeting the machinery OEM market segment. This involves such aspects as commercial agreements, proposal development, pricing development, risk assessment and sales strategies. This role serves as business consultant to senior managers, project participants, customers while working with a variety of complex multilevel interactions. The individual is responsible for developing and growing ABB’s relationship and market share through attracting new customers and by increasing share with existing customers.
- To lead and develop solution sales for Low Voltage Drives at key and complex OEM and End User Accounts.
- Using both Global and country/customer specific review material.
- Implementing short- and long-term business plan and actions.
- Work closely with District Offices and Direct Regional Sales Resources to drive OEM pursuits.
- Work with teams to coordinate activity with target OEM and End User Accounts.
- Collaborate with other ABB Divisions and the Industry Team to develop sales opportunities.
- Business Development involves coordination, tailoring product solutions, risk assessment and multi-level collaboration, having researched the business and requirements.
- Maintaining and expanding customer relationships, ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales budget in targeted business segment.
- Coordinate the implementation of Corporate Agreements with target OEMs.
- This includes commercial terms, pricing, product configurations and risk assessment.
- Establish strong working relationships at multiple levels with key customers and end users.
- Negotiating and making offers in accordance with company procedures.
- Providing regular account summary reports to sales manager and Global account manager.
- Interface with large End user / OEM accounts (as assigned) to ensure consistent national support at a local area.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8 years of related experience within a complex business environment selling required.
- Product and market knowledge in Drives and related systems required.
- Travel up to 60% in United States required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Extensive sales background in machinery OEM automation market and proven track record in exceeding sales targets in competitive markets preferred.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.