Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS's Agriculture and Food services provide clients what they want: end-to-end supply chain services that reduce risk, ensure quality and improve productivity while providing consumers assurance of safety and quality at every stage
Job Summary:The Business Development Manager is responsible for presenting and promoting SGS Agricultural Testing Services to all potential clients and new accounts, while leveraging new business opportunities of existing accounts and new marketing opportunities, with the objective of establishing long-term, mutually beneficial business partnerships,
This position will focus on soil testing and precision agriculture testing services, while maintaining an awareness of other services within the SGS scope while
driving business for the Toulon, IL laboratory.Position can be based anywhere in the United States. (Preferably within the Midwest.)
- Responsible for profitable revenue growth within the SGS Precision Agriculture business, while establishing strategic long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships with new clients within this segment.
- Educate customers on SGS service offerings, focusing on testing of soil, plant tissue, forage and crops, as well as other testing within the Seed & Crop portfolio.
- Act as the commercial face and voice of SGS with clients. Includes developing relationships, fielding enquiries, assisting in proposal development and issuance, assisting in on-boarding new clients, and completing regular visits.
- Work with business managers and marketing to identify key industry events, and lead SGS presence at relative trade shows, conferences, and client meetings.
- Aggressively seek new service portfolio offerings from a clear and thorough understanding of client needs, anticipating what is needed to improve service quality, to improve market share, and and increase revenues. Develop new and emergent business and drive new service offerings within the SGS Precision Agriculture.
- Maintain an awareness of SGS’s global precision agriculture strategy, and work to integrate/align new service offerings within the US client base.
- Source new business leads and identify business opportunities including new services.
- Liaison with SGS Marketing team to take an active role in marketing projects for SGS Precision Agriculture. Includes marketing programs, time bound campaigns, advertising and promotional activities, website and social media efforts, trade show and key customer events, and market research activities.
- Maintain information on competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, policies, pricing, services, etc. to increase likelihood of winning bid situations.
- Maintain communication through all levels of the business.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.