Business Development Manager - West Region
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be responsible for the planning and execution of RMDR’s Drives Service sales strategies in their assigned territory of the United States in Drives Service – Motion.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager Drives Service We, you will be responsible for executing service sales plans, providing sales growth to achieve service sales goals specifically for the Drives Equipment Service team.
- Work with the Distributor channel to uncover service sales opportunities within the assigned territory for Drives service
- Work with the Current customer base to provide optimum service solutions in the assigned territory in various service vertical markets as it pertains to VFD Service
- Partner with other ABB divisions to provide the correct solutions including the services offered by Drives Service
- Achieving targeted sales and profitability levels in existing markets, successfully penetrating and meeting sales growth and profit goals in targeted new markets
- Provide necessary feedback to marketing and product development to ensure: Customer needs and preferences in existing and new markets are being met, activities of competitors and needed responses are understood, distribution channel activity, changes, and potential opportunities to increase efficiency, or add value to customers by utilizing new distribution methods are properly supported
- Work to expand the needed sales culture, ensuring that we are matching the needs and receptiveness of customers in the varying market segments
- Work in a cross functional capacity, between sales and marketing to grow the service market for ABB Drives Service
- Monitor progress against targeted strategic and operational goals and oversee development in implementation of needed correctives actions
- High School Diploma/GED and minimum 12 years of business-to-business sales experience OR
- Associate degree and minimum 10 years of business-to-business sales experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8 years of business-to-business sales experience
- Knowledge of Variable Frequency Drive and the applications it supports preferred
- Travel up to 70% in assigned territory (AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, WY)
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.