Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
The role reports to the Regional Sales Manager Drives Service We and located in Denver, CO, Salt Lake City, UT, or Phoenix, AZ. As a Business Development Manager - West Region, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of RMDR’s Drives Service sales strategies in their assigned territory of the United States. Primary responsibilities include executing service sales plans, providing sales growth to achieve service sales goals specifically for the Drives Equipment Service team.
- The Business Development Manager will assume responsibility for RMDR’s Service sales activities in their assigned territories for Drives Service.
- This includes executing of the strategic blueprint to ensure the business sales focus initiatives are met, and the sales strategies provided by the LBU leadership are executed for market growth.
- Included are the following responsibilities.
- Work with the Distributor channel to uncover service sales opportunities within the assigned territory for Drives service.
- Work with the Current customer base to provide optimum service solutions in the assigned territory in various service vertical markets as it pertains to VFD Service.
- Partner with other ABB divisions to provide the correct solutions including the services offered by Drives Service.
- Achieving targeted sales and profitability levels in existing markets. Successfully penetrating and meeting sales growth and profit goals in targeted new markets.
- Provide necessary feedback to marketing and product development to ensure.
- Customer needs and preferences in existing and new markets are being met.
- Activities of competitors and needed responses are understood.
- Distribution channel activity, changes, and potential opportunities to increase efficiency, or add value to customers by utilizing new distribution methods are properly supported.
- Work to expand the needed sales culture, ensuring that we are matching the needs and receptiveness of customers in the varying market segments.
- Work in a cross functional capacity, between sales and marketing to grow the service market for ABB Drives Service.
- Monitor progress against targeted strategic and operational goals and oversee development in implementation of needed correctives actions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of sales experience OR
- Associate degree and 10 years of sales experience OR
- HS/GED and 12 years of sales experience.
- Travel up to 70%.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives and the applications it supports preferred.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.