SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS Vanguard Sciences provide clients what they want: end-to-end food supply chain testing services that reduce risk, ensure quality and improve productivity while providing consumers assurance of safety and quality at every stage.Job Summary:
The BDM position is responsible for profitable revenue growth across all segments of the SGS Food business line to include Microbiology, Chemistry, R&D, and Technical Services within the Midwest region. Client interactions will be anchored in the spirit of establishing strategic long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships and will utilize consultative selling skills. This position is home office based and will require travel, including overnight when needed. The qualified candidate is an aggressive hunter, creative, flexible, and committed to success.
- Create and implement strategic prospecting and territory action plans for review and approval by VP Business Development
- Establish strong relationships in given territory at various levels with key business and technical contacts
- Actively participate, orchestrate, and initiate projects and meetings as required to achieve sales goals and brand objectives
- Able to review monthly sales reports for trends and respond appropriately in a timely manner
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle including writing and presenting professional business proposals and assist with RFP/RFQ responses as directed
- Utilize consultative sales models to understand prospect needs and align with services offered by SGS
- Maintain client files within CRM documenting meetings, phone calls, emails, opportunities, and the status of the sales cycle and sales opportunities
- Maintain information on competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, policies, pricing, services, etc. to increase likelihood of winning bid situations.
- Attend food industry trade shows and participate in customer focused marketing plans as directed
- Responsible for facilitating and owning the Onboarding Process when initiating new accounts
Education, Competencies & Required Skills:
- Working knowledge of food testing laboratories through previous work and/or sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-7 years of technical sales/business development experience
- Strong business skills are needed to proactively address business concerns and identify opportunities throughout the market, seek out and cultivate high-level relationships, and translate customer priorities into product solution
- Ability and willingness to travel 3-4 days per week
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to allow for efficient and productive use of time and resources; ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.