Business Development Manager NEMA Flow Goods
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Business Development Manager, you will support the NEMA (National Electrical Manufacturers Association) Smart Building Global Product Group in US. NEMA is a large focus area for ABB with significant investment and growth expected to continue.
Reporting to the Global Product Group Manager, you will be responsible to support top management of the global product group in the definition and implementation of the respective strategy. Lead and contribute to complex business development projects and/or strategic planning. Define and implement business strategies and plans for profitable growth including new market opportunities and white spots (organic and inorganic). Align with identified market needs and growth areas. Proactively develop differentiating strategic ideas, alternative business scenarios, etc. for the global NEMA Smart Buildings business.
- Work closely with the NEMA Product Management & R&D team to identify white spots in the portfolio and path to get product to market
- Understand competitors moves and work closely with NEMA Product Management team to define long term strategy for profitable growth
- Work within and across ABB divisions to identify metering product portfolio strategy for NEMA products and customers
- Define and promote partnership ideas to accelerate growth
- Review M&A opportunities - create clear roadmap and targets
- Work closely with the sales team to identify new customers (OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)/end user focus) & new paths to market
- Define and develop new business models for NEMA products
- Support implementation of identified areas of focus
- Strong collaboration with R&D, Sales, Marketing, Product Management, M&A, and division functions
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field required with minimum 10 years of experience in related fields OR Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in product management or strategy development.
- Knowledge of NEMA residential products, customers and technologies preferred.
- Strong record of communication and collaboration across a complex organization.
- Understanding of financial metrics and evaluations.
- Strong communication skills (presentations, collaborative discussions, and MS office).
- Fluent in English language.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.