Responsible for developing new business within the Company’s assigned strategic business groups (SBG). Identifies customer prospects to fill the sales funnel, works with current and new clients to sell pest prevention solutions in the National Commercial marketplace. Client retention and Net Promoter Score (NPS) are key metrics that this position impacts.
- Identifies National or Regional account prospects that fit within the Company’s business model.
- Identifies and develops relationships with decision makers within the prospects organization.
- Use national accounts CRM system to enter, update, and maintain information on prospects and clients.
- Utilizes the Company’s resources to generate momentum to move the prospect through the sales funnel to an active client.
- Develops strategic selling solutions while understanding the corporate culture of prospects. Strategies may include sales presentations, contract negotiations and closing/signing of prospective clients.
- Assists with account implementation by understanding the technical and consultative aspects of selling the Company’s service(s) and by keeping all members of the Company’s team up-to-date on issues and actions that occur.
- Attends periodic meetings with clients per protocols; quarterly business reviews, annual corporate reviews and audits per agreement.
- Establishes effective communication and leadership role demonstrating the Company’s Team efforts in producing and implementing a quality product and service to our clients.
- May work with existing accounts to support client retention, cultivate growth through program upgrades, price increases etc. and resolve any client issues.
- Identifies business needs and opportunities to improve performance and growth by leveraging company operating systems or resources.
- Expands sales within existing accounts, focuses on customer service, develops relationships with key decision makers, understands and responds to customer needs, tracks and monitors account activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in selling commercial services in a National or Regional scope
- Demonstrated skills in business development
- Strong negotiation skills
- Business and financial acumen
- Strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Project management, organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Coaching and influencing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed for business unit, including overnight
- Up to 40% travel required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain pest control licenses
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
• Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
• Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
• Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
• Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
• Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Incumbent is required to have:
• Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
• Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.