- Lead all sales and business development efforts and provide customer service and technical support to all assigned customer accounts for Barnes Aerospace’s OEM SBU.
- Identify and manage significant opportunities to closure through the Commercial Excellence process.
- Develop and deploy customer and product specific strategies
- Build, maintain and expand network of customer relationships. Leverage internal and external contacts to develop relationships with customer’s purchasing, engineering, and senior-level leaders.
- Take an active role in developing and implementing division strategies alongside division level leadership teams to drive opportunities that support the division’s sales goals for increased earnings and profitability. This includes assessing needs, trends, and growth opportunities for Barnes Aerospace.
- Identify and recommend new product, customer, and market opportunities to the senior leadership team.
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” to the leadership team proactively communicating issues, risks and opportunities as well as providing potential solutions.
- Review and track opportunities in CRM system, provide detailed updates to sales forecasts and estimated close dates for high probability opportunities. Report weekly and monthly updates of current business and forecasted new programs.
- Create countermeasures when not meeting targets and track progress on such countermeasures.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical sales, with at least 10 years of experience in a heavily regulated manufacturing industry. Aerospace preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing and processes required.
- Prefer experience in metal fabrication and/or machining
- Prefer experience with turbine engines and/or airframes
- Proven track record executing successful sales plans. Creative thinker who can contribute to the overall sales strategy.
- Existing relationships with major airframe OEMs preferred.
- Impeccable integrity, strong influencing and negotiation skills; unparalleled focus on customer service and effectively able to interact with all levels within the organization and the customer’s organization.
- Results-oriented individual with a sense of urgency, diplomatic, well-organized and exhibits excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret customer blueprints, customer RFQ/RFP’s and lead quotation process from start to finish.
- Up to 50% travel required. Established customer base preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering, business, or marketing. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)