For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Commercial Sales Professionals play a key role at Terminix working with businesses to ensure they have the right products and services to protect their property from Termites and other pests.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, our Sales Reps are out in the communities Terminix serves meeting with new and existing customers. Sales appointments are sometimes pre-arranged withcustomers who have already expressed a need, giving a head start on the selling process. Your visit would typically begin with an inspection of the business to diagnose the issue (which may include getting in confined spaces) andbe followed by a presentation of a recommended Service Plan to the customer.
Here are a few additional details of what you would be doing each day:
• Prospecting for new customers via phone and interactively though tip groups, networking, cross-selling, referrals, and canvassing for large potential customers in your assigned territory
• Presenting commercial pest control services and products to potential customers through in-person presentations and electronic communications
• Following up with customers after service is performed to ensure satisfaction and developing additional prospects
• Continually building product knowledge and refining sales techniques
What do I need to be successful?
• Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
• Two or more years of business-to-business (B2B) sales experience or prior sales training is highly desired, but the following is even more important
• You are highly motivated, have a strong work ethic and enjoy the selling process
• You are able to build rapport easily and establish trust, leading to lasting customer relationships
• You have strong communications skills – impersonal, written, presenting
• You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small or large groups
• You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to the sales process
• Of course, given our business and the nature of this role, you should be comfortable working outside and
in confined spaces
• For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Commercial Sales Professionals aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
• Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
• Highly competitive compensation program with uncapped commission potential – average earnings of$40-60,000 in first year with 100K+ earning potential
• Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
• Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
• Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on ServiceMaster brands
• Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.