OutcomesMTM is the national leader in Medication Therapy Management programs. We are looking for an energetic and self-starting individual with an entrepreneurial mindset to work with our innovation team and help us advance our data analytics discipline. You will enjoy this role if you like crafting and executing analytics strategies, building a data analytics practice, and supporting new product development.
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Works with Product Managers and other stakeholders to characterize the health of our products through data.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Understands current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Works on complex projects of large scope.
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
- Completes work independently; receives general guidance on new projects.
- Bachelor's in related field (mathematics, computer science, economics, or statistics), or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a data analyst.
- Experience creating data-driven solutions from the ground up to deliver business value.
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Healthcare experience preferred
Must be able to work autonomously (with minimal direction) to establish your data analytics practice while also being part of an integrated team.
Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization.
Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc).
Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations.
Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
Must be able to manage competing demands and multiple priorities, while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Typical office environment.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 10%.
- Sitting and standing long periods of time.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.