What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
This role will be a leader in the OptiFreight Business Intelligence organization.
- Manage a high functioning team of diverse, talented individuals.
- Develop, deliver and maintain analytic solutions to each of the OptiFreight business functional areas and customers.
- Lead a team of consultants and analysts using business, market & analytic experience.
- Own the commercial analytics road map which develops, delivers and manages competitive, value driving solutions and service the diverse analytic needs of our customers.
- Lead strategic analytic consultation and report delivery for the Operations, Service Development, Marketing and Same Day functional business areas.
- Play the role as a product manager for how we strategically compete in the market using analytics
- Manage and maximize the value from a standardized portfolio of reports our customers and business consumes
- Use industry knowledge, analytical best practices and technology to enable high value contribution and speed in a continual changing market
- Lead a team that delivers a level of analytic support to the business which further enables the teams to do their job
- Maintain and build cross functional relationships across the OptiFreight and Medical organization while contributing to and leveraging best practices
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience in SQL and/or Tableau and Alteryx highly preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.