KVAL is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the Business Office by performing clerical tasks, including basic accounting, processing and recording transactions, preparing reports, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact checking, filing, and other duties, as needed.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Support finance team with processing invoices and payments, setting up vendors and contracts, and researching payment and invoicing issues
- Support the Business Manager and Assistant Business Manager with accounts payables, accounts receivables, financial reporting and balance sheet reconciliation
- Serve as fleet administrator for station vehicles including managing gas cards, vehicle registrations, parking and traffic citations, and accident insurance claims
- Serve as a consistent back-up to the WideOrbit log reconciliation process
- Assist with operations of the facility including maintenance and janitorial requests
- Help onboard new employees, including preparing I-9 documents, photo ID badges, and ordering and setting up mobile devices
- Help leadership team prepare reports and presentations
- Order business cards, office supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Plan and coordinate internal meetings and events, including ordering meals and catering
- Answer main phone lines at the front desk and route calls and messages
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Associates Degree (or equivalent) plus 3 years' experience providing administrative support to a medium-sized organization
- Basic accounting skills preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, with emphasis on Excel, and the technical aptitude to learn new system
- Ability to use multiple software programs including Skype, Oracle, Teams and other systems as needed
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-starter who can think critically, make sound decisions, and follow through on projects and tasks with little or no supervision
- Ability to understand the needs of different departments (news, finance, engineering, etc.) and support each effectively
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills with the ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Positive, 'get it done' approach to the role
- The ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.