This position is responsible for providing accounting and clerical support for the Business office. This Business Office Assistant provides customer service to students as needed and must be organized, detail oriented and act with a sense of urgency.
- Accurate and timely completion of the accounts receivable functions. This includes all accounts receivable transactions, i.e. student payments, daily deposit receipts, collection agency payments, refund checks, bank deposits and overage checks.
- Accurate and timely disbursements of all student loan checks as well as assisting in daily EFT disbursements and Financial Aid batch postings.
- Support minimizing delinquencies by maintaining procedures and thorough, regular review of past due cash, CampusVue student aging and other available sources of information for past due funds.
- Assist with accurate and timely monthly registration billing for student accounts including credit memos.
- Assist with monthly inventory and ordering of material and supplies through Workplace as needed. Responsible for ensuring uniforms are ordered/returned timely and distribution to student body is performed accurately.
- Ensure Title IV EFT disbursement letters are sent to students and/or borrowers in a timely manner and remain in compliance with federal regulations. Assist with other compliance needs as requested by Campus President and/or Business Office Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Ten key proficiency
- Computer experience
- Accurate, detail oriented and well organized
- Excel knowledge a plus
May be required to work some evening hours.