Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To optimize the performance of business operations (money, materials, and people) by analyzing current performance and predicting future performance.
• Defines, analyzes and studies financial and operational issues and data.
• Identifies issues, and/or collaborates with department management.
• Evaluates operational efficiency and effectiveness by researching and analyzing internal and/or external industry trends, markets and other operational benchmarks.
• Gathers, consolidates, prepares and/or validates data for analysis.
• Ensures management approval of issues to be addressed.
• Applies analytical techniques to solve operational issues.
• Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulation, etc.
• Develops and/or improves performance indicators, tools, and techniques.
• Measures current and projects future products and/or services results.
• Measures accuracy, utility and applicability of tools, techniques, analysis and results achieved.
• Documents, archives and tracks the tools, models and analysis used.
• Responds to ad hoc information requests.
• Synthesizes results of analyses, develops and make recommendations and present results.
• Applies results of analyses and develop recommendations and alternatives based on the full spectrum of internal and external considerations.
• Creates presentation materials.
• Presents recommendations, alternatives and implications to management and others for their decision making.
• Participates in and/or facilitates the implementation of products, services, and operational changes.
• Collaborates with management and outside entities to build understanding and acceptance of new/revised approach to products and/or services.
• Serves as point of contact and resource (Information Services Department consult, subject matter resource, training, etc.) to ensure established and agreed upon parameters are implemented.
• Conveys and updates status of implementation and alerts team to potential deviations from original approach/design.
• Manages projects for a department and/or business unit(s).
• Establishes effective and collaborative project teams, facilitates/coordinates project work within and across business units, partners with technical project lead as appropriate, ensures project deadlines are met and implementation and results are achieved as designed.
• Defines, develops and manages/oversees project related plans, business requirements, scope, resources, costs, issues, prioritization, decisions, risks, external contracts, and internal service agreements.
• Keeps the project team and stakeholders informed and manages expectations (includes e-grams, letters, notices, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS -- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated Infogix (formerly Unitech) ACR System Solution Support experience.
• Extensive mainframe experience.
• Experience with JCL.
• Experience with COBOL and DB2 highly desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
• Experience participating in, and managing, cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects.
• Strong knowledge of data querying, reporting, forecasting, analysis and operations research, including statistical methods and modeling.
• Experience identifying relevant analytical problems and determining appropriate diagnostic methods to find results.
• Communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and quickly responding to management concerns and decisions.
• Thorough knowledge of, and extensive experience with, credit union or retail banking operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.