Segal is engaged in a multi-year business transformation project. Project GROW is a company-wide initiative to implement a new CRM and ERP system at Segal. This is a rare opportunity to experience the implementation of a cloud-based business system as it happens!
This is a remote, ten (10) week assignment which will provide exposure to multiple internal departments including Project Management, Information Technology, Financial Operations, and internal Communications. You will gain experience in Microsoft SaaS systems, business processes, corporate communications, event organizing, and organizational development. Because this is a multi-department initiative there is an opportunity to meet a number of team members and learn more about a variety of career paths.
In this project, you will work directly with the Project GROW management team to support the successful implementation of this system. Support is needed primarily for the following initiatives:
- Data clean up: vendor and client information, standardizing naming conventions, consolidating duplicate or incomplete records
- Participate in the development of operational workflows and user role setups
- Design of dashboard formats, modeling and KPI reporting
- System testing for workflows, approvals, reporting and role-based dashboard development
- Training materials development: Gathering documentation, developing instructional walk-thrus within in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Lunch-and-Learn webinar coordination
- General maintenance of Project GROW intranet page, FAQ and responses to email inquiries
- Draft broader communications messages as needed
- Assisting in creation of targeted presentation materials
- Support PMs with tracking timelines, develop meeting materials, following up on deadlines and deliverables
- Attend development meetings to take notes, create ongoing agendas, consolidate input and feedback
- Administrative support with scheduling and instructions initially for development teams during sprint sessions and then for the larger Segal community during the phased roll-out
- Additional research as needed
You bring to this internship:
- Interest in and/or understanding of areas such as Finance and Business Operations, software implementation, corporate training, organizational development;
- Experience in coordinating or implementing large initiatives is a plus;
- Communications experience, event planning and/or online event/webinar development; strong writing skills;
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft tools: Office (word, excel, ppt), Outlook/Teams, Dynamics or MS Project are a plus!
- Strong interpersonal skills and good humor;
- Ability to adapt and change approach or methods to fit the situation;
- A curiosity for learning how things work and a passion for solving problems of any scope;
- Solid written and spoken communication and presentation skills;
- A sense of ownership, completing projects with limited supervision, asking for help when needed.
Suggested majors: Marketing/Communications, Organizational Development, Accounting, Business, or related.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.