The Business Process Analyst is responsible for working with key project stakeholders to capture business and user requirements as Stories. The Business Process Analyst:
- collaborates with the System Administrator and Platform Architect to ensure Stories are understood, developed, tested and delivered to specification.
- analyzes and documents requirements, business and technical processes and helps define changes to business processes and configurations within the ServiceNow platform.
- interviews business partners and translates to detailed business requirements, maps current processes to the desired end state, and identifies gaps, such as program functions, output requirements, input requirements and sources, data conversion strategies, and system techniques and controls.
- understands and adheres to SDLC and ITIL standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Computer Science, etc.)
- Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Degree in progress may be considered
Certification and Licensure Requirements
- ITIL Practitioner Certification strongly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Service Management and business system experience in the analysis and documentation of business systems and processes (3+ years ServiceNow preferred)
- Service Management and business system experience in the design, development and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems or products (3+ years ServiceNow preferred)
- 3+ years experience in a medium to large-sized multi entity environment strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Service Management systems including but not limited to Incident Management, Change Management, Project Management and Asset Management
- Ability to effectively use the Microsoft Suite including but not limited to Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Visio
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently in a fast-paced environment that includes external resources and vendors
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels of the organization including senior management
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into clear and concise business terms
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and task follow up skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and meet assigned deadlines
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a professional work ethic
- Strong customer service orientation