As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
We are looking for talented professionals to join Marsh’s Digital team. Marsh Digital offers an amazing opportunity to take part in transformation of the company’s digital capabilities while unleashing the power of industry leading platforms and data assets to deliver innovative products and disruptive business models globally.
The role will be part of the Product Owner team within Marsh Digital, focused on growing Marsh’s presence in the consumer and small commercial segment through use of digital products and partnerships. If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of an exciting team of intrapreneurs with the mission to disrupt and deliver the art of the possible in the insurance industry, come join us!
Client Facing / Agile Focus
- Work closely with Marsh business units and senior product owner to identify client needs and product requirements
- Work within an agile Scrum framework:
- Gather and prioritize product and customer requirements
- Ensure a strong customer-centric focus
- Develop the product backlog through epics, user stories, spikes, etc.
- Define acceptance criteria and verify when they are met
- Refine and re-prioritize the product backlog with the delivery teams
- Drive sprint and delivery of product features and functionality through collaboration with the ScrumMaster and Scrum team
- Join Scrum meetings and Sprint Reviews, actively participate in Sprint Retrospective meetings
- Become an expert in the latest Insurance and InsurTech trends, innovation, (digital) client needs, and competitive landscape
Data Analytics Focus
- Interface with internal and external players to collect insurance policy and claims data, analyze large datasets, and extract meaningful insights and analytics
- Liaise with various stakeholders to confirm inputs and interpretation of data
- Provide input to the digital team’s developers/Scrum team
- Convert analytical outputs into a structured communication format so that business requirements can be easily interpreted by key stakeholders
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work closely with sales, compliance, legal, privacy, marketing, and other teams
- Ideate new product constructs and build business cases
- Develop impactful presentation materials for discussions with business
- Capacity to work in an entrepreneurial manner within a team environment
- Minimum four (4) years of work experience, preferably an industry background in insurance (underwriting, brokerage, P&C, personal lines, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with product delivery in an Agile environment is recommended
- Strong ability to paint an inspiring vision and bring others along on the journey
- Superior analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Highly collaborative work style with ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Customer centric mindset
- Knowledge of SQL, R, or other technical tool for data manipulation is a plus
- Knowledge of QlikSense, Tableau, Microstrategy, or other BI tool is a plus
You would be a great fit for this role if you:
- Demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Thrive in change, and have a passion to harness the energy of a fast-paced environment to create transformational customer and business value
- Are empathetic toward customer needs
- Have a bias toward action and learning, and obsess over knowing your customers better to remove friction from their experiences
- Are a fantastic storyteller who can communicate complex ideas clearly
- Have a passion for identifying how emerging technologies can improve the customer experience and drive value in the insurance industry
- Have a passion to challenge the status quo to drive cultural transformation
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.