- Installs, maintains, and repairs telecommunication system equipment (including Adtran, Cisco, Shortel, Nortel, Avaya, Mitel, NEC, Comdial, Allworx and Office Suites as well as some transport equipment) for business Enterprise customers including hospitality and medical facilities.
- Handles mostly routine assignments.
- Communicates with customers regarding installation/repair.
- Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes positive company image to the public.
- Operates a variety of tools and devices including test equipment.
- Safely operates and maintains clean and organized company service vehicle. - Completes necessary safety training and adheres to safety standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge of routing and provisioning of CEE Cisco and Adtran
- Ability to complete CAT 5/6 cable extensions and custom install work
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of computers, networks, and relevant applications
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275 lb
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and working aloft
- Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours
- Required to respond to after hour call-outs