What Business Systems Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Systems Analysts are responsible for deeply understanding the business in multiple functional areas and across Business Units, as well as understanding the application landscape and capabilities. They maintain relationships with the business and leverage requirements engineering practices and methods to enable improved business processes to drive business success. They align business strategies and capability needs into business and technical requirements to ensure IT systems enable the desired value.
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of business analysis concepts, principles and techniques to gather, document and manage business requirements for large, complex and visible projects.
- Manages requirement changes, ensuring traceability and auditability.
- Focuses on business process changes, improvements and requirements in the course of IT projects, ensuring that processes and procedures are considered in addition to technical requirements.
- Creates and maintains current and future-state functional models, business process flows, and wire-frame diagrams.
- Collaborates with Quality Control, Project Managers, Technical Leads and Business Subject Matter Experts to ensure Business acceptance.
- Develops use cases as a key communication tool between the business and technical teams.
- Contributes to the creation of test scenarios, scripts and data.
- Interacts with Project Managers from multiple organizations to track project progress, identify risks, communicate risks and status, and assess potential impacts to the business.
- Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in business analysis, remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices; leverages expertise to produce solutions that enable global consistency and standardization and facilitate exceptional performance.
- Understands supported, integrated applications and uses that knowledge to ensure project scope is complete.
- Consults as needed with Enterprise Architecture, Risk and Security and other Shared Service teams to ensure standards are met, systems are secure and proper control requirements are included for all projects.
- Participates in the audit and validation of systems as needed.
- Maintains project documentation such as project lists, project status reports and budgets for small initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science, Business or related discipline required.
- More than 7 years related experience required.
- Experience with ERP Software experience preferred (Distribution, Warehouse, Back-office and/or Transportation modules)
- Experience in healthcare supply or pharmaceutical distribution supply chain industry.
- Excellent understanding of project process, from initiation through close, and the responsibilities of the business analyst in the process.
- Self-starter with excellent documentation skills, including the ability to maintain documentation and requirements for traceability throughout the project, and for evaluation after close.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills; ability to identify problems, gather facts, analyze potential risks and impacts, and choose or propose a solution.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, including thorough understanding of how to solicit and interpret customer business needs, model business functions, and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong collaboration, multi-tasking, time-management and organization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to ask probing questions, lead cross-functional meetings and provide clear status reports to both technical and non-technical team members and executives.
- An aptitude to learn, as he/she must develop a thorough understanding of supported business processes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to estimate effort and duration of tasks.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills, able to develop and mentor more junior Business Analysts.
- Works independently, prioritizing work and proactively communicating status.
- Speaks English fluently and clearly.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft standard desktop applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.