A Business Travel Sales Manager with Hilton is responsible for representing the hotel's services and facilities to travel industry clients and customers in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
This team member will be responsible for the Business Travel market segment for the 12 properties in the Washington DC cluster.
What will I be doing?
As a Business Travel Sales Manager, you would be responsible for representing the hotel's services and facilities to travel industry clients and customers in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Respond to sales inquiries from travel industry clients and customers seeking sleeping rooms, meeting space, food and beverage services, etc.
- Solicit and maintain relationships with travel industry organizations including, but not limited to, travel agencies, tour companies, travel associations, etc.
- Travel to assigned territory to make direct sales calls and to attend travel industry receptions
- Initiate new sales, prospect and qualify leads and solicit potential clients
- Correspond with travel agents and participate in leisure and business travel trade shows, sales calls and client events
- Conduct property familiarization trips and tours and site visits for travel agents
- Participate in the development of targeted packages and promotions and in the development of a client reward program
- Determine rates, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, service accounts and analyze lost business for the hotel(s), as needed
- Assist in the development of sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established revenue and room night goals in leisure and business travel
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!