- Lead the Customer Retail Services US Cosmetic, Personal Care and Household business unit,including sales, account management, technical expertise and operations
- Support the Cosmetic, Personal Care and Household global Vice President instrategic planning and business development activities as a member of the Cosmetic, Personal Care and Household management team
- Manage the business development strategy for theUS market in-line with the global CPCH business development strategy
- Identify, develop and implement new businessopportunities as per agreed business development strategy
- Collaborate with and/or lead International Salesand Global Key Account teams to grow the business according to agreed targets
- Conduct and review market analysis to determinecustomer needs, trends and related business opportunities
- Contribute to the identification, evaluation andintegration of acquisitions
- Collaborate with local marketing, sales, finance,operations and legal in the development and implementation of businessopportunities
- Collaborate with international sales and globalkey account teams to identify key prospects and customers and propose relatedbusiness development strategies
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals andnegotiation of contracts with customers and other business partners.
- Lead the US CPCH technical team, sales team andaccount managers’ team and provide local laboratory oversight.
- Support global CPCH management in defining andexecuting marketing strategy / approach.
- Network with key industry players; attendconferences and trade shows as participant or speaker to increase SGSvisibility in the industry.
- Monitor the competition’s products/servicesdevelopment and activities
- Participate / contribute to the annual budgetplanning process
- Lead US CPCH sales and operations incollaboration with local management
- Be ultimately responsible to deliver (or exceed)budget (revenue profit) for all CPCH activities in US branches.
- Adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regardfor the health and safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGSpolicies and procedures
- Comply with SGS Code of Integrity andProfessional Conduct
- Managing Director of CRS US (solid line)
- Global VP Cosmetics, Personal Care and Household(dotted line)
Position based in the United States, in Fairfield NJ.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- PhD’s or Master’s degree orequivalent level of education either in Business Management or Marketing orCosmetic Science related disciplines (Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.).
- Lower level of education,such as Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, will also be considered if combinedwith additional relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 yearsexperience with successful track record in Business Development, Sales &Marketing or other relevant position for the role.
- Minimum of 5 yearsexperience in the Cosmetics, Personal Care or Household Care industries
- Experience in international/ multi-cultural environments.
- Fluent in English (writtenand verbal), other language(s) would be an asset.
- Proven business developmentskills along with comprehensive knowledge of the CPCH market includinginternational business exposure in the CPCH industry.
- Ability to lead and proposebusiness development strategies and to translate them into pragmatic actionplans.
- Ability to think out of thebox and to propose creative solutions.
- Ability to act independentlyand to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Excellent planning,organizational and project management skills.
- Strong ability to interactwith all levels of management internally and externally with customers.
- Ability to partnereffectively with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Excellent communication,interpersonal and negotiation skills; persuasive, diplomatic, but to the pointwith strong ability to present ideas and concepts.
- Strong analytical andproblem-solving skills; ability to make difficult decisions.
- Hands-on, open-minded andproactive team player.
- Innovative andentrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work in afast-paced changing environment.
- Computer literacy (MicrosoftOffice suite).
- Results and profit driven.
- Flexibility to travelextensively, especially during the first few months after taking the position.
- To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirementslisted above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired.
- This job description shouldnot be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities orrequirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained hereinrestricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties andresponsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an EOE AAM/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protectedveteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States andyou have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of adisability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. Youwill be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for generalemployment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencingdifficulty applying for a position due to a disability.