We are seeking a Buyer to join American Tower’s Supply Chain organization. The Supply Chain team strategically sources quality materials and services at the lowest total cost while enabling effective and efficient purchasing solutions and enhancing supplier partnerships. Day to day you will manage transactional sourcing requests, data analyses, cost negotiations, and the purchase order lifecycle. For a specific and assigned product line or business unit, you will ensure timely processing of requests, manage the order queue, and deliver timely updates to stakeholders. As a Buyer you will work across functions and with external vendors to drive supplier performance and enforce sourcing strategies.
Our Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
What You Can Offer Us
- Provide procurement subject matter expertise for all purchasing activities, catalog/non-catalog requests, and bid analyses and award recommendations.
- Develop a working understanding for supported lines of business and assigned commodities, including strong knowledge of the supply base and project-specific service level agreements.
- Facilitate transactional sourcing for a specified area of coverage, ensuring the scope of work is clearly articulated, vendors are appropriately assigned, and project timelines are supported.
- Manage tactical supplier relationship management processes, including onboarding, supplier master data maintenance, end-to-end purchase order management, and maintenance of vendor contract catalogs.
- Lead open order management process for assigned line of business or commodity, including providing timely, actionable information to relevant stakeholders, visibility to issues, and facilitation of root cause resolutions.
- Perform effective data analyses to identify opportunities to increase value, reduce costs and risks, improve processes, and formulate recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in Engineering, Business, or Supply Management preferred.
- Up to 2 years’ experience in a Supply Chain organization or on a Sourcing team, with a track record of meeting and exceeding goals and objectives preferred.
- Experience managing supplier relationships and negotiating statements of work and service level agreements for individual requirements and within a fixed contract strongly preferred.
- Wireless telecommunications industry experience, including sourcing or working in the construction or operations functions, preferred.
- Direct experience working with EBS Procurement tools preferred; Oracle iProcurement experience preferred.
- Strong track record of identifying opportunities, problem solving, and delivering results.
- Approximately 5% travel may be required to support the position’s responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.