Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
The role reports to the Supply Chain Manager NEMA and located in Athens, Georgia. As a Buyer Planner NEMA, you will be responsible for purchasing materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with suppliers.
- Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues.
- Initiates material orders in the system, confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Enforce terms and conditions of purchase orders, and compliance with legal requirements and Company policy.
- Resolve non-conformance issues, back-charges and claims in a timely manner to minimize the Company's exposure.
- Review questionable situations and interact with other groups to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Tracks goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing and reconciliation.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of raw materials and finished products to help ensure production levels.
- Requires verification of inventory in warehouse/production locations.
- Aligns supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conducts all Supply Chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinate activities of engineering and manufacturing on design changes to minimize obsolescence of existing materials or parts and to facilitate the ordering of new parts to meet established schedules.
- Clear rejected materials at receiving inspection and/or in process.
- Participates in inventory reconciliation/management and obsolescence reviews according to policy.
- Reports to Plant Supply Chain Manager.
- Manages assigned materials. Works closely with local Production, Engineering and Safety personnel.
- Works closely with international General Business Services Team.
- Occasional travel required.
- High School/GED AND 6 years’ experience in a manufacturing experience OR
- Associates Degree AND 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment OR
- Bachelors’ Degree AND 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- *A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- *A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- APICS certification.
- SAP/ERP knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge/comprehension of Excel.
- Ability to rapidly respond to unforeseen developments and initiate actions to reduce adverse impact.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.