- Responsible for Capacity Planning, Detail scheduling, Material requisitions and shop floor and inventory control.
- Schedule work for individual operations/machines and develops, maintains and drive schedule execution, considering raw materials and shipping dates of products.
- Ensure alignment of the Master Schedule in relation to booked and forecast Sales/Production Plan. May monitor various product lines.
- Balance the Capacity Plan and communicate needed adjustments to production supervisors and materials supervisors. Alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Execute decisions concerning detailed scheduling and shop floor control to maintain schedule adherence. Monitor Performance and correct problems.
- Work with Engineering to manage the introduction of new parts into production.
- Work with customer service and production to on all changes, schedule cancellations, and/or customer schedule push-ins/push-outs.
- Work with estimating to proactively identify capacity constraints and facilitate improving capacity to ensure potential customer demands.
- Generates and manages Purchase Order/Contract documents.
- Evaluates supplier proposals and prepares technical evaluations necessary to determine reasonableness of suppliers pricing and delivery requirements.
- Maintains company standards and follows established procedures. Demonstrates integrity through all supplier relationships.
- Performs liaison activities with suppliers and internal customers to prevent delays in Production.
- Consistently strives for cost reduction and process improvements.
- Support Company policy, procedures, and safety policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years purchasing and or planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of MRP / ERP systems to execute daily responsibilities.
- Ability to negotiate with both external and internal customers.
- Proven track record of scheduling and organizing time effectively in order to complete assigned function.
- Demonstrated cost savings and avoidance ability.
- Familiar with process improvement practices.
- Proficient on Microsoft applications.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment.
- Collaborative, ability to build sound working relationships across the organization and within the supply chain.
- APICS certification a plus
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)