CAD Designer - Chafin Builders
Clayton Homes, a BerkshireHathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a verticallyintegrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled inthe housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team MemberExperience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're activelyrecruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. Wethen equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or onthe floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits,opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / lifebalance.
The Home Building Group is actively searching for a CAD Designer tojoin the team at Chaffin Communities in Atlanta, GA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To complete CAD construction documents per schedule including marketing floor plans.
- Responds quickly to plan change requests and communicates the proper information to support internal and external entities.
- Produce and distribute site-specific panel plans
- Communicate ideas and plans from the creative design stage through production
- Create complete detailed drawings from sketches, agent specifications and general instructions from field staff
- Translate ideas, sketches and specifications of an engineer, architect or designer into working plans
- Maintain accurate and easily accessible records
- Complete plan revisions as required
- Complete construction documents per schedule
- Complete site-specific panel drawings per schedule
- Complete other projects within designated time frame
- Convert hand-drawn sketches or conceptual designs into detailed CAD drawings
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture (ACA), Microsoft office,
- Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Knowledge in basic algebra and geometry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess a high degree of character and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to meet simultaneous project deadlines
- Ability to set priorities in an efficient and timely manner to meet essential job functions
- Residential construction knowledge a plus
- Must possess visual aptitude and attention to detail with quality/accuracy as primary focus
- Must be a team player, have a positive attitude, and be a self-starter
- Possess effective time management skills
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Minimum Experience – 5 years
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly.