Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions within this job family are assigned responsibilities involving providing routine social casework in the classification and assignment of offenders committed to a correctional institution or advanced social casework pertaining to the re-entry of offenders into the community.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
- Uses interview techniques and assessment instruments to determine the offender's security risks and programmatic needs; prepares case history reports and recommends program assignments.
- Reviews work and conduct records of all assigned offenders to determine progress or necessity of changing assignments or security classification; serves as a member of the classification unit for an assigned caseload.
- Advises offenders on personal problems, employment resources, vocational skills, educational and training needs, family problems and institutional adjustment.
- Delivers programs to offenders which are designed to assist in a successful re-entry into the community following release from incarceration.
- Assists with, or prepares reports such as parole summaries or court ordered presentence investigations.
- Receives and takes necessary action on incoming and outgoing mail to or from assigned offenders.
- Develops, monitors, and amends offender transition plans in line with re-entry programs and services.
- Establishes collaborative network with relevant partners to provide support, pre and post release services for offenders which involve family members and community resources and social service agencies.