Facility: California Institute for Men
Compensation Base: $20.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides inmates with the tools and knowledge to prepare for successful community reentry through the delivery of cognitive behavioral curriculum such as Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT), Thinking For-A-Change (T4C), Living in Balance (LIB) and other selected curriculum. In addition, provides group facilitation in areas including cognitive self-change, social skills, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues.
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION WITHIN THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR MEN FACILITY
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates delivery of cognitive behavioral curriculum in a group setting focusing on the areas of motivation for change, social adjustment, personal management, social skills development, cognitive restructuring, and development of problem-solving skills.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance an inmate’s participation in pre-release programs and activities.
- Maintains class rosters, attendance records, and provides completion certificates for LIB, T4C, MRT and other curriculum as required.
- Supports the assessment of inmate needs and makes referrals to appropriate staff.
- Aids inmates in planning and developing post-release plans and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding all behavioral treatment programs including, but not limited to, T4C and MRT.
- Facilitates and/or co-facilitates, group counseling from a structured manual.
- Assists in the coordination of inmate program schedules to ensure the criminogenic needs of the inmates are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.