Great Dane has an immediate opening in our Houston, TX Branch for an experienced Class A - CDL Driver & Mechanic
- Pick up and deliver customers equipment locally
- When not driving, responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of trailers
- Follow company rules and safety practices pertaining to the assigned truck - check oil, tires and fluids daily.
Must be willing and able to work in the shop to assist mechanics with their job functions which would include but not be limited to - bucking rivets, lifting, bending, squatting, pulling, tugging, holding
- Carpentry, welding and mechanic skills are a plus. This career opportunity is available for a self-motivated person with strong work ethics. We are willing to train the right applicant.
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager or Shop Foreman
- Must have a valid CDL license- Please indicate this on your resume or cover letter
Must have a valid DOT medical certification card
Must have a clean DMV driving record
Must be mechanically Inclined
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
· Regularly required use of fingers and hands to grasp and perform repetitive motion
· Frequently required to reach
· Frequently required to climb, stoop, kneel crouch, crawl, stand, push, pull, and lift.
· Frequently required to exert up to 50lbs of force and /or sizable amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or pull other objects.
· Position involves sitting while driving for long periods of time
· Must pass drivers physical exam
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401k..
- A favorable background screening, Drug Screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
- Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit a detail resume & indicate if you have a valid CDL license or apply in person at:
10030 Wallisville Rd. Houston, TX 77013