Our drivers enjoy a great balance between work and life, as well as competitive compensation. As a professional truck driver with Smithfield Foods, you are assigned late model Freightliner tractors to pull 53’ reefer trailers and are dispatched to our plants, company distribution centers, and customer distribution centers. Safe driving, customer service, and effective decision making is the key to success in this position.
We offer competitive pay and smart benefits that fit your way of life.
Earning potential up to $80,000 annually
- Work week that meets your schedule
- Anticipated home time is 2 days off per week
- $30 pay per stop after the first stop
- Paid detention rate
- Driver's in this fleet average 2,500 miles per week
- No touch freight and no backhauling through outside customers
- Less then 5% of shipments have extra stops
- No travel to New York, New England or the western states
- Full serviced leased equipment
- No slip seating
- Option to enroll in our 401K plan
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Benefits offered
- Paid Days Off
- Transport and deliver freight over the road over long distances in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Represent the Company and the trucking industry in a professional manner.
- Eligible candidates must have a High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Must be At least 24 years of age
- Have their Class A CDL license
- Have a minimum of 2 years CDL Class A driving experience
- No traffic citations within the last year
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits