Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION CENTER (I & II)
Compensation Base: $50,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Facilitates, schedules, and coordinates all religious and volunteer programs for the institution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides spiritual guidance and clinical pastoral education regarding personal, family and spiritual problems.
- Visits living areas and those hospitalized on a regular basis.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all aspects of religious program and volunteer services, including selection, approval and training of both lay and clergy volunteers.
- Conducts worship services, sacramental observations and religious educational programs for detainees assigned to the facility.
- Provides and updates programs for presentation to newly-arrived detainees that orient them to the Chaplain's office and current religious programs.
- Ensures that all religious programs are in compliance with company and contracting agency policies and industry standards.
- Maintains close relationship with community religious resources and approves any donations of equipment or materials for use in religious programs.
- Counsels detainees/inmates, family members and staff.
- Maintains attendance and confidential records.
- Assures equal status and protection for all religions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.