Facility: LIBERTY COUNTY JAIL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for the daily direction and supervision of security operations and any related functions. Meets the needs of the company and contract agency by making improvements in security operations without compromise to the safety and security of the client population or staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily functioning of all security unit operations.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulations, rules, policies, and procedures for effective and efficient security operations.
- Exercises overall supervision of staff. Participates in the processes including selecting, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training and development, promoting, and any disciplinary action up to termination.
- Ensures that security personnel receive on–the–job security and safety training.
- Develops policies relating to security operations. Makes revisions to current policies as required. Seeks approval through proper management channels.
- Plans and responds to emergency situations, directs searches for escaped offenders.
- Participates in the formulation of escape and riot control plans. Directs the training of staff in the execution of plans, use of weapons, and control procedures.
- Serves as committee member on training, budget and policy review boards.
- May assist management in the establishment of long-range plans and corresponding schedules to achieve facility goals and objectives.
- May assist in efforts to ensure continuing and coordinated community planning.
- Meets periodically with shifts to discuss operational issues.
- Responds on a 24-hour, 7-day basis to significant or unusual occurrences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.