Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Quest Diagnostics Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products provide specific answers that clinicians need to deliver the appropriate diagnostic and prognostic care to patients throughout the United States. As a Bioinformatics Senior Automation Engineer, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
CI/CD Senior Automation Engineer, the role:
As a member of the Quest Diagnostics Bioinformatics team you will work closely with Bioinformatics developers to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for DevOps.
This professional can work remotely in the greater San Francisco Bay area. Occasional local travel to attend in-person meetings will be required.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for our development, validation and production environments
- Work closely with bioinformatics engineers and software leads to gather and implement requirements for the automation framework
- Enable and support bioinformatics engineers to use the automation framework and infrastructure throughout SDLC
- Support other testing requirements
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- B.S. in Bioinformatics, Genomics, Genetics, Computer Sciences or a related field with 4+ years of experience in software validation and verification
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines for DevOps, using tools like Jenkins
- Experience in test automation, test case management tools, and best practices for scalability and maintainability
- Experience in using version control tools, eg. Git
- Demonstrated programming and scripting skills in a Linux environment (Perl, Python, R, C/C++, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and work effectively with a team of scientists
- Demonstrated ability to innovate
- Experience with working in a regulated clinical environment
- Experience in working with on prem and cloud computing environments
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with container workflows and with workflow languages
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.