Barnes Aerospace has an exciting and challenging career opportunity in its West Chester division. We are seeking an experienced CMM Operator. The ideal candidate will partner with division leaders to implement processes to grow the business and drive cost reduction. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded individual with a solid background operating automated inspection equipment. (Zeiss CMM preferred). This role reports to the Quality Supervisor.
- Continuously builds technical skills in area of expertise and performs other duties as required.
- Write/edit CMM programs using CMM Software to ensure parts are inspected as efficiently as possible.
- Inspect parts to ensure specified dimensions are met using CMM equipment, as well as, other types of inspection equipment.
- Performs visual, in-process and final inspections on all parts for cracks, nicks, pits, burrs, blends and surface finish before parts are deemed acceptable. Set up gauging and perform first article and WIP inspections for multiple operations to ensure the quality and flow of products.
- Checks, verifies, and records results including SPC and other statistical techniques involving machined parts, using precision measuring instruments which are used to maintain our Quality System.
- Interfaces with Production, Manufacturing Engineering and other functions on processing issues and works as a team to develop a “capable” process.
- Identifies and reports all process and product nonconformance to ensure that the facility is operating per Quality Standards.
- Learn and adhere to required safety standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Three (3) year of experience as a CMM operator.
- Knowledge of Zeiss, Brown & Sharp, Plate and hand tools
- Experience with Calypso preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Strong Blueprint reading skills.
- Possess high integrity and ethical standards.
- Good computer skills including excel.
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively.
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment.
- Able to read and speak English
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. independently.
- Monday - Friday 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
- High School diploma or equivalent
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.