Facility: Lea County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, responsible for providing assorted items to detainees from approved commissary list. Responsibilities include stocking, straightening, taking inventory of merchandise and returns, ordering commodities, filling prisoner orders and calculating and verifying charges.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, examines and properly stores all commodities and ensures appropriate sanitation standards are met. Stocks display shelves and refrigerated boxes with detainee assistance as needed.
- Orders commodities based upon approved commodities list.
- Maintains an inventory system that accurately determines quantity on hand, purchased, and sold. Provides detainees with an up-to-date list of items stocked in the commissary.
- Fills orders and issues supplies from inventory.
- Ensures the commissary area is cleaned daily and free from pests and/or rodents.
- Directs the work flow of detainees working in the commissary.
- Assists in conducting periodic inventories.
- Performs other duties as assigned.