Facility: SOUTH TEXAS DETENTION FACILITY
Compensation Base: $65,000.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position serves as the facility’s subject matter expert on all compliance and accreditation issues and oversees and coordinates a facility’s compliance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA). It provides guidance and recommendations for compliance with Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) PREA standards and continuous makes facility improvements in these areas and reports them to the Warden and Corporate PREA Coordinator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the facility’s primary liaison and point person on the PREA and coordinates facility’s compliance efforts and reporting requirements to comply with the Act.
- Attends PREA training workshops, responds to inquiries, and coordinates and conducts training for facility staff on PREA as needed.
- Prepares reports and presentations as needed.
- Writes, updates, trains and oversees the implementation of Corporate and facility specific PREA related policies and procedures in order to better insure compliance with all PREA standards and audit requirements.
- Compiles facility statistics and reports on incidents of Sexual Activity and Sexual Abuse.
- Assists with PREA Facility assessments.
- Prepares an annual report on findings and corrective actions for the Facility.
- Monitors individuals who report abuse for retaliation in accordance to established PREA policy.
- Serves as the facility’s primary advocate and liaison with the DHS PSA and Corporate PREA Coordinators as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.