The COVID-19 Vaccine Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day logistics of the CHC's COVID-19 Vaccine response. This includes providing leadership, guidance, resource coordination, and direct supervision to the program staff to support the safe and effective provision of COVID-19 Vaccine in accordance with CDC and Connecticut's Department of Public Health's guidelines.
- In alignment with CHC's COVID-19 Vaccine response, maintains an effective and service-oriented response to local, state and national initiatives and supports the development of a highly reliable care delivery system.
- Monitors the day-to-day management of CHC's COVID-19 Vaccination distribution sites ensuring vaccine inventory management, patient communication and scheduling, and staffing allocations are in alignment with vaccine administration expectations and outcomes.
- Oversees the implementations of new COVID-19 vaccine distribution channels (clinic events, drive throughs, etc.) from beginning to end in coordination with Operations and Nursing leadership. Manages supplies, staffing, and deployment activities to ensure sufficient resources for on time completion.
- Visits sites pre and post go live to assist with site readiness and staff walkthroughs and training. Serves as a mentor to site lead pre and post site deployment.
- Facilitates process improvement in coordination with site leads, noting suggestions for improvement in patient flow. Validates workflow and procedures to ensure smooth operations. Ensures modifications to systems or processes are communicated to impacted teams in a timely manner.
- Reports operational issues, risks and concerns to Covid-19 Vaccination Program Manager.
- Responsible for staying up to date on compliance with the CDC and DPH's Vaccination Program requirements. Facilitates and executes changes to CHC's operational procedures as needed.
- Responsible for compiling, reconciling and reporting daily vaccination metrics to Covid-19 Vaccination Program Manager, Senior Leadership and external agencies as requested.
- Serves as an expert in patient vaccine scheduling systems (online and phone) and staff scheduling platform.
- Stays abreast of news regarding vaccine efficacy and availability and deployment best practices. Assists with training materials, manuals, and playbooks as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage highly-complex information, assess problems, and develop effective solutions
- Bachelors Degree preferred, Associate degree required.
- Excellent organization and project management skills, with the ability to lead diverse teams, prioritize tasks, and see deliverables through from inception to completion on schedule. Attention to process and detail a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and persuade staff, management, and key business partners.
- Experience in continuous improvement of operations, documenting business processes, and workflow.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- High level of proficiency with computers and running analytical reports and summarizing operational metrics. Advanced experience with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel) and database application
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- 5-years' experience project management
At least three years of public health, health administrative, health systems experience, or the equivalent (preferred, but not required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.