Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Senior Recovery / Resolution Analyst will work with a team on researching issues to determine feasibility of reducing medical costs through prospective solutions of claim system processes and claim business rules.
- Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures to ensure data integrity, data security and process optimization
- Investigate, recover, and resolve all types of claims as well as recovery and resolution for health plans, commercial customers, and government entities
- Investigate and pursue recoveries and payables on subrogation claims and file management
- Initiate phone calls to members, providers, and other insurance companies to gather coordination of benefits information
- Process recovery on claims
- Ensure adherence to state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies, and contract compliance
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience working with medical claims platforms
- 2+ years of experience with claims coding and researching claims information
- Ability to create, modify and send documents and spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- CPC or COC or CPMA certification
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in related field
- Knowledge of Medicaid / Medicare Reimbursement methodologies
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UHG, claims, fraud resolution, claims recovery, CPC, BCS, COC, CPMA, Telecommute