Facility: Workbridge - Pittsburgh
Compensation Base: $16.00/Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The position is responsible for the supervision, education, direction, and effectiveness of the mobile work crew which facilitates minor repairs and services to victims of crimes.
- Provide direct supervision and schedule clients assigned to work crew and ensure working conditions are considered safe.
- Ensure client behavior is appropriate and successfully completes goals/objectives of the work project.
- Submit timely and accurate completion of all forms and reports such as progress notes and monthly paperwork, required by the program/facility and outside referral agency to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Instruct and demonstrate to clients’ proper, safe, and effective minor home repairs such as carpentry, painting, electrical work, plumbing, clean up, and etc.
- Maintain awareness of the impact of the crimes and to the victims to the clients through meetings before completing the work duties and collaborating with the center for victims of violent crimes.
- Represent the program/facility at client court hearings and provide appropriate documentation as needed.
- Complete and submit all monthly statistical forms as required by the assigned date each month.
- Participate in discussions with appropriate staff members regarding client behavior and progress.
- Coordinate transportation of clients to appropriate work sites.
- Assist in the maintenance of assigned vehicles by inspecting each vehicle prior to use, routine cleanliness vehicle checks, and performing minor maintenance as required and document service work performed.
- During transport provide security and manage client behavior.
- During transport document trip and any significant incidents in vehicle log. Facilitate group and individual sessions with clients to discuss awareness and increase knowledge of the clients towards victims and the community affected by crime and criminal behavior.
- Responsible for materials and equipment necessary to teach curriculum to clients in a classroom environment. Record and submit attendance and test scores to appropriate supervisor at the conclusion of the workshop.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.