Overview: The assembler should have a strong background in cable assembly and be able to perform a wide variety of cable assembly operations such as Round (multi-conductors), Coaxial, Harness and Flat (ribbon) cables. The assembler should also be able to work with verbal instructions (engineering notes, sketches and diagrams) and formal documentations.
Be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to work in a teamwork environment to support other team members, share ideas, and communicate well to promote product quality and work efficiency. Follow detailed directions consistently with a willingness to learn new processes. Assembler should also be able to complete and have experience with the following:
- Read and work from manufacturing drawings and schematics, bill of materials(BOM), blue prints, and diagrams to build cables and wire harnesses assembly
- Work with the documentation/blue printed and bill of materials (BOM) that are provided to ensure the cable assemblies are built to specification.
- Perform cable preparation, lay out, separate wires per specifications.
- Assemble wires, stripe wires, tin wires, and solder wires to connector.
- Have experience in using hand tools, stripper, cutter, crimpers, plies, soldering irons, crimping tools and other hand tools.
- Verify and inspect the cable/wires before testing.
- Familiar with most hand crimper tools, such as TE connectivity(AMP, Tyco); Molex and Panduit ...etc.
- Familiar with heat guns, hot knife/ Thermal wire stripper ...etc.
- Good attitude and flexible to changing priorities.
- Be willing to perform other tasks and functions as required.
Experience / Skills / Education / Training:
- At least 3 years working in cable assemblies.
- Experience with building cable assemblies from blueprints.
- Experienced in wiring, stripping, crimping by hand and soldering.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Knowledgeable in cable assemblies as applied to the making of cables.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisor and co-workers.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to resolve routine problems independently, yet know when to ask questions for clarification
- Finish projects in a timely manner
- Lift, push, pull up to 20 pounds, stand for long periods of time, eyesight that can inspect work for consistency and flaws
- High school diploma or GED; and five years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be flexible with availability
- Ability to work effectively in team environment.
- Ability to inspect and test to IPC-620A standards
- Must be able to work from prints, sketches, written or oral instructions, and Engineering Change Notices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to interface with key support computer systems in order to perform the job
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.