The Cable Harness Specialist will be responsible for preparing and building wide variety of cable assemblies from semi-complex to complex cables. This person will report to the Cable Harness Lead.
- Follows established methods and sequence of operations in preparing and building harness cables.
- Uses cable samples and drawings as a reference.
- Must be able to provide guidance to entry level/junior assembler.
- Perform in process and final inspection and test cables using cable testers.
- Generally works on complex AC /DC cable assemblies and occasionally I/O cable assemblies.
- Responsible to inform Line lead if DDR changes to documents are required, where applicable for actual changes to BOM, drawings or sample cable harness.
- Maintain daily housekeeping of work area.
- Must complete quarterly Quality training in QMIS.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6+ years of experience, preferably in the electronics industry.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Familiar with the use of various mechanical and electrical/power cable harness tools/equipment (i.e. mechanical/power screw drivers, wire stripper, crimper, soldering station, etc.).
- Basic math skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to follow samples, drawings and written instructions.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.