OptumCare is succeeding at helping people live healthier lives by taking a different approach to health care. OptumCare uses a common sense approach, focused on avoiding jargon, finding more efficient ways to operate, and providing great, in-the-moment service. We provide that service by making sure serving our patients and providers is always the first priority. Each department works from the same central idea: “How does this affect the service we provide?” Because of the extreme commitment to service, OptumCare focuses on recruiting passionate employees who will take advantage of being empowered to provide the highest level of service at each and every step.
The role of the Supervisor is to build trusted relationships with Guests/Members/Business Partners (both internal and external) and Physicians/Providers across the health care lifecycle. This is done by assisting members with their customer service needs, educating members about management of their health and well being, helping members to maximize health plan benefits and personal health care dollars and owning customer service inquiries through to resolution. Another purpose of this position is to support the mission, vision and values of the organization and department through quality, service, innovation, integrity, teamwork and dignity/respect.
Positions in this function are responsible for first-level response and resolution of escalated issues with external and internal customers. Responsible for the overall delivery of benefits and services by providing support and guidance to existing and potential customers to ensure continued membership.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
- Ability to interact effectively and work cooperatively with a variety of organizations and with individuals of all professional and non-professional levels. (Includes professional and ancillary providers, members and their families, state agencies, community groups and other contractors involved in the program)
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
- Ability to capture, analyze and evaluate data, as well as use data to determine appropriate course of action, develop program activities and initiate change
- Ability to treat all employees in a professional manner without discrimination and promote professional growth, teamwork and positive morale
- Expert in need identification, intake and listening skills
- Strong problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Quickly identify requested information and anticipate future needs
- Ability to translate jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions members can understand and act upon
- Ability to overcome objections and persuade members to take action / change behavior
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Excellent conflict management skills including:
- Professionally and adeptly resolve issues while under stress
- Diffuse conflict and member distress
- Demonstrate personal resilience
- Strong attention to detail
- Associate’s Degree or higher degree
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of experience as a supervisor or team lead
- 1+ years of experience in Call Center setting
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications: Microsoft Word (create and edit documents), Microsoft Excel (create, sort, and edit data in spreadsheets), Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management), which includes the ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Available to work (40 hours/week) Monday- Saturday. Flexible to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (5:00am to 12:00am)
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare background
- Claims experience
- FACETS & Maces experience
- Medicare experience
- Ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Call Center Supervisor, Customer Service Supervisor, Healthcare Supervisor, San Juan, Puerto Rico