The Campus Receptionist is responsible for maintaining the front desk operation in a professional and responsible manner and to make a good impression by way of dress, voice and professional behavior, on all students, staff, and visitors to the College.
- Receive all incoming telephone calls, take messages or direct the calling party to the proper personnel. Use voice mail when needed or take written messages.
- Keep track of where employees are during lunch, vacation, etc.- Know where the Admissions Representatives are at all times and who the prospective or existing students should be directed to in their absence.
- Handle prospective student inquiry calls in a timely and professional manner. Get name, phone number, exact time of call, and marketing source. Distribute call to the appropriate representative and data enter into the inquiry management system (Velocify). Assign inquiry record to the representative.
- Keep up appearance of front lobby and area behind the front desk. Greet and assist prospective students and other visitors.
- Provide kind and courteous support to prospective and existing students entering the Lobby. Ensure lobby visitors are directed to the proper staff. Ensure prospective students with existing appointments properly sign in on the desk sign in sheet. Monitor lobby wait times and follow-up with staff to ensure the lobby visitors are taken care of appropriately. Ensure lobby visitors are directed to the proper staff.
- Cross-train on vital Admissions Coordinator tasks to assist during peak volume times or absences as needed.
- Assist with mailings to employers as needed.
- Update and maintain current phone list for employees.
- Assist with filing and type labels as requested by the Registrar and Financial Aid when time permits.
- Type and send out letters to new students.
- Assist other employees by faxing when time permits.
- Assist department heads with their requests when time permits.
- Assist Administrative Assistant with preparations of various functions when time permits.
- Open, date and distribute mail. Process outgoing mail and order postage when needed. Track Postage Due Bills and keep daily log. Prepare FED-EX and UPS pickups. Order FED-Ex and UPS Supplies. Call in all outgoing shipments to FED-EX, UPS, etc. Keep track of UPS, FED-EX and any other outside arrivals on log sheet.
- Create and Update Orientation packet for all departments and directors.
- Type minutes from various meetings as requested.
- Upkeep of office machinery, locate proper repair technicians and maintenance when needed for repair on fax, copiers, etc.
- Contact maintenance and janitorial service when needed. Keep on-going relationship with the contractors to improve our current building status. Advise them of our daily needs including repairs, building issues, and parking.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions, and/or the Campus President.
*This function cannot assist with tasks related to Test Proctoring.Qualifications
- Receptionist experience required
- Strong phone and computer skills required
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills a must
- Attention to detail a must