Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Capital Markets Analyst at our McLean, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to support the treasury and capital markets functions within PenFed, and any other tasks assigned to this role. The incumbent is expected to gain exposure and overview of all the capital markets activities in a short amount of time and is expected to contribute to the activities of the team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Analyze data to support capital markets decisions using advanced data analytics tools such as Excel, VBA, SAS etc.
- Work with experienced team members in Capital Markets team to automate loan sale due diligence process and reporting requirements.
- Analyze and tie out collateral stratifications, replines and replines for consumer securitization transactions using tools such as CAS, SQL or Excel.
- Create monthly investor reporting package for securitization transactions with coordination from credit, accounting, investor reporting teams and respond to any investor queries or questions related to the securitization transactions.
- Extract and collect data from multiple systems and data repositories for regular reporting and adhoc reporting.
- Perform portfolio analysis of loans purchased from third parties and publish loan production and performance reports.
- Publish detailed sector research reports for active and new asset classes for the Portfolio and be able to compile/present relevant market research to the senior team members to help them make portfolio management decisions.
- Provide administrative support for loan sales and loan purchases.
- Publish various reports needed for operational, consumer, and real estate loan reviews on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and publish the monthly department production and performance dashboard.
- Prepare formal written analysis for senior management.
- Participates in related special projects as assigned by senior management.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree in finance, or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in analyzing macro-economic data, risk management, capital markets and portfolio management areas.
- Proficiency with statistical/data analysis required.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools such as CAS, Excel VBA and SQL
- Strong working knowledge of industry lending and internal lending policies and products.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.