The Program Director must assure achievement of the program’s goals and outcomes, and is responsible for all aspects of the program, including the organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development and general effectiveness of the program. The Program Director must provide supervision, administration and coordination of the instructional staff in the academic and clinical phases of the educational program. The Program Director will be responsible for meeting all applicable accreditation commission standards and agency regulations as well as maintaining compliance with Concorde policies and procedures.
- Responsible for recruiting, orienting and supervising faculty members for the department.
- During an instructor’s first year of employment, conduct an observation/evaluation two (2) times during the first month, once during months two and three and at six months of employment.
- Conduct an observation/evaluation at three or six month intervals (at least twice a year) for each faculty member and confer as necessary.
- Ensure that student evaluations of faculty are completed at the end of each term and summaries submitted to each faculty member.
- Ensure professional development plans are created and completed by all program personnel.
- Assure correct scheduling and registration of returning students each period.
- Assist with student orientations.
- Participate in the budgeting process and responsible for ensuring budgetary allocations support the needs of the program.
- Review the student record for satisfactory progress at the end of each grading term of each prospective graduate to determine eligibility for graduation.
- Assist with ongoing review and development of curricula in the department in accordance with Concorde policy.
- Revise and update master syllabus for each course in the department on a continuing basis per Concorde policy.
- Ensure that a syllabus, in proper format, is prepared and used for each course offered by the applicable department in accordance with Concorde policy.
- Assist with textbook evaluations for each course taught in the department and make suggestions per Concorde policy for changes.
- Complete and submit assigned reports.
- Assist the Academic Dean with catalog review.
- Assure Department is in compliance with school catalog.
- Conduct and document regular department meetings.
- Participate in school and/or Academic Affairs meetings as required.
- Teach courses as needed based on program enrollment and availability.
- Organize and conduct a minimum of two advisory committee meetings annually.
- Participate in self-studies for various accrediting agencies.
- Assist in maintaining department equipment in proper working order.
- Coordinate with the Graduate Services Director all information pertaining to the externship placement of students, job openings, potential candidates, and any placement updates.
- Participate as directed by the Academic Dean in the supervision of externs, clinical sites, etc.
- Advise students regarding academic progress in the department from enrollment to graduation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Campus Director or Academic Dean.