As a Career Foundation Program (CFP)Associate, you are sponsored and supported by our Organization’s Senior Leaders along with an assigned mentor and program manager to partner with as you launch your career. This 24-month training program will develop you into the future leaders of our company. The program is designed for top talent who seek a performance-based culture that is built on Responsibility, Operational Excellence and Innovation (ROI).
During your 24-months you will learn from Smithfield Foods leaders, hear from industry experts, and roll up your sleeves to experience the many functional areas of the company. You will engage in challenging and dynamic experiences throughout various Smithfield Foods business areas, locations, and functional groups broken down by Track including:
- Sales & Business
- Supply Chain
- Food Safety & Quality Assurance
- Hog Procurement
- Distribution Center
You will be expected to provide business support and thought-leadership to the company throughout the program and beyond. As a CFP Associate you will add value as a full-time employee from day one, doing real work, and delivering real results.
At the conclusion of 24 months, you will be placed into a role where you can add immediate value based on your track assignment and Smithfield Foods business needs. Your career journey from that point forward is completely in your hands. You are not limited to a set path.
The Career Foundation Program is divided into function-specific tracks from which you can launch your career journey at Smithfield Foods. These tracks are designed to guide placement following the program.
- Sales & Business Track \u2013 including rotations through Business Management, Sales and Marketing
- Operations Track \u2013 including rotations through Continuous Improvement, Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental & Safety, Logistics, and Manufacturing
- Hog Procurement Track \u2013 including rotations through Hog Purchasing, Hog and Farm Contract Negotiations
- Distribution Center Track \u2013 including rotations through Distribution Services, Inventory Control and Supervision
- Supply Chain Track \u2013including rotations through Demand Planning, Transportation and Supply Planning
- Engineering Track \u2013 including rotations through Engineering Orientation to include exposure to IE/Quality/Production; Corporate Project Work and Supervision
- Food Safety & Quality Assurance Track - including rotations through Auxiliary Programs, Product Quality Testing, Shelf Life and Label Verification
- Finance Track \u2013 including rotations through Plant Finance and Accounting, and Corporate Finance and Accounting
The CFP Associate contributes to the department’s achievement of goals by problem solving, leading projects, executing short-term and long-term responsibilities, and delivering results that exceed expectations. The Career Foundation Program is designed for high potential college/university graduates who can quickly adapt to new environments and deliver contributions to the departments for which they are assigned. In a fast past-paced, results-oriented environment, the successful incumbent will complete the program and be ready for assignments commensurate with their Smithfield CFP work experience (18-24 months of relevant work experience).Core Responsibilities
- Plans production to meet sales requirements while maximizing plant efficiencies and prepares sales and demand forecasts.
- Analyzes sales forecasts to determine short and medium-term requirements for product resources.
- Prepares and monitors master schedules by working with logistics, production, maintenance, and sales personnel to coordinate activities and adjust schedules, as necessary, to respond to market and production requirements.
- Manages inventory levels and minimizes distressed products by planning production to meet known and expected sales.
- Maximizes fill rate potential and coordinates warehouse replenishments.
- Facilitates communication between Sales, Quality Assurance, Logistics and Operations.
- Support and continuously develop relationships with current retail customers
- Improve shelf placement and positioning of company brands.
- Communicate and leverage promotional activities and marketing support to increase sales.
- Keep account specific authorizations lists, updated as needed.
- Participate in trade marketing meetings
- Attend periodic HQ calls with Region and Account Managers.
- Assist Region/Account managers with any projects related to their retailers.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college/university.
- Be able to relocate one to two times during rotation.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, discretion and ability to self-manage his/her time from remote locations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Travel up to 15-25% of time. Periodic overnight travel required.
- Currently authorized to work in the U.S.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits