Under the supervision of the lead agent and/or supervisor on duty, Cargo Agents are responsible for the routing, loading and unloading of inbound and outbound air freight shipments to and from the proper destinations. In addition, Cargo Agents interact with customers to receive and provide cargo shipments, collect fees and process payments and other transactions related to those shipments in a courteous, accurate and timely manner. Cargo Agents may also perform Ramp Agent duties as needed.
- Loads/unloads freight, packages or cargo in a safe and timely manner.
- Receives orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and cargo.
- Prepares and examines bills of lading and weigh items to determine shipping charges and prepare freight bills.
- Collects fees, processes payments, and issues refunds in a prompt and courteous manner using the computer system.
- Contacts vendors and/or claims adjustment department to resolve problems with shipments.
- Notifies customers of delays in departure of shipment.
- Prepares manifest to accompany shipments and maintains records of goods shipped, received and stored.
- Greets customers in a friendly and courteous manner and provides information concerning cargo shipment.
- Maintains safety and security of the cargo facility at all times and complies with safety procedures and station policies.
- Reads and verifies cargo shipment to ensure correct loading of customer shipment.
- Communicates with other ground personnel concerning arrival/departure information of shipment in a professional manner.
- Arrives to work on time and at assigned post to ensure prompt servicing of the aircraft and on time departures.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager.
DAL Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled