“SGS is the world’s leadinginspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognizedas the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories aroundthe world.” Summary
This position is responsible forinspecting and sampling a variety of mineral commodities including Cooper,Lead, Zinc, Iron Ore, Precious Metals and Steel Cargoes for trading purpose.The inspector will supportthe Minerals Business by performing inspections at existing job sites andwriting technical reports detailing inspection findings per nomination, in atimely manner. The purpose of this role is to serve our clients in the bestpossible manner by performing and delivering inspection and sampling servicesand informing the administration team with accurate updates and quality reportsto provide to our clients. Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Oversees loading,unloading of cargo from ships and other forms of transit to document damages asthey are loaded and/or unloaded.
- Execute sampling & sample preparationand deliver sample to laboratory for analysis.
- Record accurate informationand details.
- Issue obtainedfield documents and inspection report to office detailing results of inspection
- Communicate and cooperate withadministration staff regarding details of the inspection requirements.
- Liaison with terminal & warehouse personalfor execution of inspections.
- Check and verify testing data/ fielddocuments for accuracy.
- Responsible for performing Loading,Discharge, Stock Verification, Sampling and Damage Inspections.
- Ensures sample are labeled with identifyingproduct, location of sample, date, and time of collection.
- Travel occasionally.
- Perform other assignment asdirected
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Must have a valid driver's license and TWIC Card.
- Applicant must have good communicate (written and oral) andinterpersonal skills.
- Ability to execute detailed written or oralinstructions.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results areaccurate.
- Ability to read and interpret supporting documents such as Bill(s)of Lading, Packing List, MSDS, Stowage Plans, Operating and MaintenanceInstructions, and Procedure Manuals.
- Applicant must have working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel,scanning and email functions.
- Applicant must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Prior experience in cargo inspection/sampling is preferred
- Prior Maritime experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule as occasional overtime or weekend workmight be required
- Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and backgroundcheck prior to employment.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability;excellent judgement, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis and discretion;ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple prioritiessimultaneously; ability to meet deadlines
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with orwithout reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description shouldnot be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities orrequirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained hereinrestricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilitiesto this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran statusor disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you havedifficulty completing the on-line employment application because of adisability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. Youwill be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for generalemployment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencingdifficulty applying for a position due to a disability.